Terms and Conditions
Prior to the tongue tie division, you will be required to complete a consent form. This will be explained to you and you will be given all the necessary information about the procedure & aftercare, so that you are able to make an informed decision.
Full payment can be made by bank transfer or cash following the procedure; at the visit or within 48 hours. Unfortunately, I do not accept card payments.
Use of images.
I may ask for your consent to take photographs. These would be for training/educational and/or marketing purposes. You will be asked to complete a Parental Consent Form should you give permission for me to take photographs.
Should you need to cancel your appointment then please telephone me as early as possible so that I can give another family the opportunity to book. Due to demand, if you do not cancel within 12 hours of your home visit appointment time, you will be charged £50. A charge of £50 also applies to clinic appointments not cancelled within 24hrs of the appointment. Please note that if you are more than 10 minutes late for a clinic appointment I may not be able to see you as the next hungry baby will be waiting for their appointment and I would not want a delay in service.
The data controller. Samantha Tanak (Registered Adult Nurse & Midwife) is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
www.ico.org.uk Registration reference is: ZA505419
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
Complaints can be made to the ICO, if you are unhappy with how I have handled your personal data. You can also contact me directly.
2. Clients occasionally send me digital photos; once the message has been replied to the photo is deleted.
3. I will use your personal data when forming and enforcing the contract between us, to comply with legal or regulatory obligation such as in suspected cases of potential risk to yourself or others and for use by myself for my own audits (anonymised for statistical purposes, to monitor that care is effective).
4. For tax purposes I must keep basic information about service users (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 6 years after they cease being customers. By law the medical records must be kept for 25 years.
5. Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to request access, correction, objection or restriction to processing, withdrawing consent. Access to your data is free, please contact me at the above email address.
6. With your consent, data may be shared with other health care professionals (GP, Health Visitor, Midwife) to enable you to gain extra care and support. In cases of suspected potential harm to yourself or others, I may contact other professionals without your consent (child protection services, emergency services or non-emergency police).
7. I am insured with Hiscox (Professional Indemnity & Public Liability). Relevant information would be shared with them and my legal support, in the event of a claim being made against me.
8. When payment is made by bank transfer- your data would be stored via the transfer made.
Samantha Tanak aims to provide the best possible care & service for her clients. In the rare instance that you feel that she has not met your needs this procedure will guide you. Complaints and concerns are dealt with in the first instance by Samantha Tanak in conjunction with advice from her indemnifier (Hiscox). This procedure does not deal with matters of legal liability or compensation or regulation.
How to make your complaint.
Any concerns can be raised initially directly during consultations or by phone. If your problem is not resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, please do so as soon as possible. Please make your complaint in writing to Samantha Tanak by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be assured that any complaint you make, written or verbal, will be treated in strict confidence and have no effect upon the level of treatment and care that you receive.
What happens next?
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 working days of receiving it. Samantha Tanak aims to make a full response to you within the next 20 working days. You would receive an apology & be kept informed of progress. A clear, appropriate plan of action would be provided along with relevant support and advice. She would also improve future service however possible.
Getting further help with your complaint.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can seek further advice from the Nursing and Midwifery Council www.nmc.org.uk. You may also give service/provider feedback to the CQC (Care Quality Commission) who use such information to guide their inspections and improve care outcomes: email@example.com.